Distractions

Yesterday I was trying to withdraw some cash from the ATM machine near my office. While I was keying in the figures on the machine, I was distracted by an urgent message on my phone. So I was reading, listening and thinking as I was doing my transaction. The consequence was obvious. While I took my card back, I forgot to take the most important thing -THE CASH.

I only realized  it after five minutes but it was too late. The cash was gone. It was a hard lesson. Thank God it cash was not much.

The same things happen in our lives:

Because of the distractions in life, we lose God's choicest blessings. 
  • Lot was distracted by the glamour and prosperity of Sodom and Gomorrah. It appeared to be the best at that point in time. But the choice was disastrous, 

  • Solomon was distracted by woman, which eventually led him away from God.

  • Judas was distracted by money, it cost him his life.

Today we can be distracted by so many things. Education, career, woman, pleasures of the world. These can easily rob us of the best blessings God has in store for us. 

Solomon's advise is: 

Proverbs 4:25-27 - Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory