Let your light so shine before man - A reflection

I almost 1:00AM in the early morning and I am meditating on the words in Mathew 5:14-16. I was reminded that the first words from God in the Bible is "Let there be light". God and light are inseparable. 

 1 John 1:5-6This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

The Glory of God in the Old Testament was manifested in light, emanating from fire. The pillar of fire in the wilderness and even the mount that was ablaze when Moses was in God's presence.

What is this light of the glory of God? Moses wanted to put a face to this glory and that is why he asked the Lord, "show me your glory"

But God manifested the light of His glory in a way, much unexpected by Moses:

Instead of a human similar face or some unimagined  manifestation,  God said:

Ex 33:19 - And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Many times I thought that signs and wonders were a way of manifesting the glory of God and yes its certainly part of it. We have seen it in our lives

But when the Lord descried the light of His glory, it was His goodness. His name, His mercy and His compassion. 

Now the Lord wants us to reflect this light to the world that is filled with the darkness of sin. 

How can I hid it under a bushel and pretend that all is well, when I have the light of the Glory of God resident in me.

Let's reflect the Light of the Glory of God to the places still in darkness and thereby causing man will glorify the Father in heaven. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory