Prayers not answered? Be thankful

Sometimes it’s very difficult to understand God’s ways and dealings. I think the test for us is to still trust in in all situations even when it seems unjust and unfair. 

If He remains silent its best to humbly accept His ways knowing His ways are the best. We may not see it now. But in the days to come and in retrospect, we will be thankful that God did not answer our prayers then.

The Apostle Paul was in a similar predicament. 

2 Cor 12:7-10 - And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Paul prayed three time and the Lord did not answer him. In retrospect Paul realized that his prayer was not answered for his own good. Instead of complaining he says, "I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong"

That is an overcomer's attitude.  God does not answer prayers? No worries, I will still praise Him. Maybe not now, but down the line, I will know it was meant for my good. To God be the glory.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory