"I will never leave you" - Jesus

II  picked up the following lines from a friend's facebook post:

Sometimes the clouds are low
I can hardly see the road
I ask a question, Lord
Lord, why so much pain?

And many times we too tend to ask the same questions when the visibility of the road ahead gets blurred by the tornadoes of life. How long? How much longer?

King David also asked the same questions:

Psalms 13:1-2 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

In fact David repeats the question four times, "How long?". It must be been some excruciating bitter experience that he must have been going through. Maybe it was because he was running away from his enemies,  or maybe a severe sickness or some other calamity. Whatever it was he desperately wanted deliverance. His life seems to be in turmoil and his enemies seem to be winning.

In fact it seems that God has forgotten David or at least that's what he thinks. In fact the last few weeks I was also thinking the same. I really thought that God had not only forgotten me but forsaken me. Although we are christians, we are still human. David was no saint either and so were the rest of the patriarchs. 

But can God forget? Can the Omniscient lose His thoughts or could it be me mellowing in my sorrows and failing to look up to him. And I was quickly reminded of Isaiah 49:14-16:

But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me the Lord has forgotten me.”“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne?Though she may forget,  I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands, your walls are ever before me.

What a blessed assurance.

David immediately realized it and in verses 5-6, Davids declares: "But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me."

He recognized that God can be trusted. His love is steadfast and we can rejoice in His salvation. He has dealt so wonderfully with us in the past. Count your blessings. See what He has done. We can trust Him because He has promised, "Never to leave you nor forsake you". Will He not see us through this journey. Amazing God, Amazing love.


But he knows what's best for me
Although my weary eyes
They can't see
So I'll just say thank you Lord

I won't complain 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory