Promise verse for the month of Aug 15


Exodus 33:14 - The Lord replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."


Key Points

Just because there are problems in our lives, does not mean that God’s presence is not there.
  • Isaiah 41:10 - Don't be afraid, for I am with you; don't be distressed, for I am your God. I give you strength, I give you help, I support you with my victorious right hand
  • Isaiah 43:2 - When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
A.   The promise of God

What was the promise?
  • The oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,
  • I will give it to your descendants
  • I will send an angel
But for the promise to be fulfilled:

     1.      Verse 1 - Leave this place and Go
     2.      Verse 1 - You and all the people – Everyone
     3.      Verse 2 - I will send an angel before you and drive out…….

We just go and possess our rightful possession. Because God is going to do the rest of the work.


B.   The presence of God

Verse 12 - Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me.


God’s reply

Verse 14 – The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
  •         Heb 13:5 - I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
  •        Deut 31:8 - Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you."
God’s presence is going before us and behind us.

1   If we are going to achieve anything its only by the power and the presence of God.

      a.   verse 5 - Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.
                i.     He was not satisfied with anything less.
                 ii.     Angel is not good enough

b.   Mat 28:19-20- And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age

John 14 :16 "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory