Sunday services at PEC

I had the privilege of speaking at both the morning and evening services on Sunday as it was Mission Sunday.




The message was entitled "Encountering God" based on Isaiah 6:1-13

Anyone who encounters God, encounters His holiness (verses 1-4)
  • To be holy is to be distinct, separate, in a class by oneself
  • To be holy is to be morally pure.
  • For God to be holy is for Him to be holy in relation to every aspect of His nature and character.
Three things happen when a person truly encounters Jesus

1.       1. Inward examination
     
          Notice his guilt:
  •      I am undone
  •      I am a man of lips
  •   I  I well amongst people of unclean lips
      2.   Vertical comprehension
  •       A person who encounters God – encounters God’s heart 
  •      Verse 8 - Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
      3.   Horizontal obligation
  •      Encounter the world
  •      Verse 8 - And I said, “Here am I. Send me!
     

There was also a baby dedication in the evening service. It was my privilege to dedicate Riya Angel for God's glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The God Who Sees Me

Weekend at Kiros Cornerstone Church, Berastagi, Indonesia

When faith shines brighter than victory