Sunday services at PEC

I had the privilege of speaking at both the morning and evening services on Sunday as it was Mission Sunday.




The message was entitled "Encountering God" based on Isaiah 6:1-13

Anyone who encounters God, encounters His holiness (verses 1-4)
  • To be holy is to be distinct, separate, in a class by oneself
  • To be holy is to be morally pure.
  • For God to be holy is for Him to be holy in relation to every aspect of His nature and character.
Three things happen when a person truly encounters Jesus

1.       1. Inward examination
     
          Notice his guilt:
  •      I am undone
  •      I am a man of lips
  •   I  I well amongst people of unclean lips
      2.   Vertical comprehension
  •       A person who encounters God – encounters God’s heart 
  •      Verse 8 - Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
      3.   Horizontal obligation
  •      Encounter the world
  •      Verse 8 - And I said, “Here am I. Send me!
     

There was also a baby dedication in the evening service. It was my privilege to dedicate Riya Angel for God's glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory