Trip to Metro Manila and Baguio Philippines : 14-20 Nov 14


Praise God for this opportunity to go to the Philippines again. I was invited to Metro Manila by Pst Fernando and his wife Lorna to minister in their church program. I met Pst Fernando and his wife at the HI National Seminar in Klang in Jun this year. I also took the opportunity to conduct a two day Leadership program in Baguio, which was arranged by Sis Evelyn and Sis Joyce. 

I arrived at Manila at about 4.00 AM and Pst Fernando and his church  team were at the airport to receive me. Pst Fernando and his wife Lorna were excellent hosts. I was particularly moved by their humility and passion for the Lord. A man with great vision and energy. Very down to earth and very focused. He was so close to his youths that all of them call him "Dad", even though he is relatively young. They simply love him. Lorna is always joyfully and extremely kind.

With Janna at UM


They both have a 15-year old daughter Janna who is sweet and intelligent. Praise God for such a wonderful family committed to fulfilling God's purpose. 

On 14 Nov afternoon, I was scheduled to speak to the students of University of Makati. Pst Fernando's Youth Group are planning to start a Campus ministry and I was as a precursor to their opening on 21 Nov. About 200 students packed the auditorium. This was my first time speaking to students in a university. I spoke on Leadership principles, drawing lessons from Singapore's success.As I was walking through the halls of the university, I was reminded of what the Lord spoke to me a year ago. "You will addresses students in universities". I saw the fulfillment. Praise God. The Director of the university was impressed with the presentation and is planning for another one next year with a bigger audience. All glory to God.


That evening, I addressed a prayer meeting for the church leaders and ministry leaders of History Makers, Crosspointe. About 50 people gathered for the meeting. I spoke on the subject, "Pray for Laborers". We felt the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit in that place.as the people were ministered to.

On Saturday, I was invited to speak at History Makers QC in Metro Manila. The place was filled with young people, about 200 of them. The Youth Pastor, Pastra Faythe, was a young lady of 27 years, but she was such an firebrand for the Lord. We in Singapore have so much to learn from these people who have such great passion, focus and life. I shared on "Missions - My obligation". The Spirit of God moved in such a  powerful way in the meeting. They were hungry for the presence of God. Many people cam forward to rededicate their lives to the Lord. I was simply humbled by the way God moved in that place. We also met the senior Pastor, Pst Manny. A great man of God, used powerfully in the Philippines.


Sunday morning, I spoke at two services at Pst Fernando's church. They are using a rented cinema to run their services. This is the first time I am speaking in such an environment. Pst Fernando told me that his youths will have to work in the early hours of Sunday morning to transform the cinema for their church worship service. It takes a lot of dedication and commitment. And they will have to do the same to return the cinema back after the meetings. The place was packed for the second service. I spoke on the Urgency of Missions. I was blessed and I believe so were the people.


The team that drove me up.



On Monday Pst Fernando and Lorna, together with some youths drove me to Baguio, a 5 hour drive. It was beautiful landscape and scenery. Philippines is blessed with so many natural resources and picturesque landscape. I was also amazed to see how developed the Philippines is, compared to the other countries I have been.The drive was pleasant and refreshing


A section of the participants
Baguio was about 4000ft above sea level and the air was fresh and pleasant. I wished we had this weather in Singapore. Food was good and cheap too. We conducted 2 days of John Maxwell's Equip Leadership Program. The seminar was coordinated by Sis Joyce and Sis Evelyn and the event was organized by Pst Eric of Forever Blessed Ministries. About 55 participants attended the course, most of them were Pastors and leaders in various churches. The feedback was good and they was to continue to do the next level.


Pst Eric handing a token 
of appreciation


On 19 Nov night we hit back to Metro Manila and arrived on 20 Nov at about 2.00 AM.






At HM QC
This trip was an eye-opener for me. I saw the potential the Philippines has to become the Antioch of Asia. I also saw the great work that needs to be done in that country.  There is a tremendous opportunity to do church planting. I pray that the people who attended the meetings will be challenged to take the mantle of the Great Commission and make an impact in that part of the world. Specially grateful to Pst Fernando, Sis Lorna and Janna for their love, generosity and sacrificial hospitality. Above all, praise and Glory to Abba for making this trip possible.
Sunday Morning service at Market Market Cinema Complex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory