Smita's not well

Smita, Manisha, Kumar
It was with a sadness that we learnt last week that my Sister-in-law, Smita Kumar was diagnosed with two tumours in her brain. Subsequent  tests revealed that the cancer cells may have started from the colon and spread to the other areas. At the time of this writing, tests are still being done to confirm the preliminary findings..I have been speaking with Smita almost everyday since we heart the news. She sound alight and happy that many people all over the world  are praying for her. 

My wife and I are due to leave Singapore for the US on Monday to visit Smita and our niece Manisha. 

I remember it was around the same time in 2011 when we received news of my brother's bout with liver cancer. And three years prior my father also succumbed to the dreadful disease. All these reminded me of our fallen state and that we are still in the flesh.

A friended reminded me that nothing is in our hands. "Be thankful to God for each day you have".

I am not sure why things fall this way. But I am certain that God is in control. He never fails. Hence I have purposed in my heart that no matter what I will remain focused to fulfill His purpose for me in my lifetime. 

A song so beautifully written by Fanny Crosby says it all:

All the way my Savior leads me,

What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;

For I know, whate’er befall me,

Jesus doeth all things well;

Comments

  1. God has helped us to give him thanks not only in times of blessing but even through tears and deep sadness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory