Promise verse for the month of Apr 14

Wow we have completed the first quarter of 2014 in a blink of an eye. 

This morning Pst Joel shared beautifully from Amos 9:11-12 - I will restore David’s fallen shelter, I will repair its broken walls and restore its ruins and will rebuild it as it used to be, so that they may possess the remnant of Edom and all the nations that bear my name, declares the Lord, who will do these things.(NIV)

He spoke about God restoring in the following areas:
  • Our lives
  • Our families 
  • Our church
  God will do this by repairing and rebuilding. The purpose for this is that we may possess the nations (evangelism).

 I meditated further on the verse and noted that the King James says the "I will raise up the tabernacle of David". Why not the Tabernacle of Moses or the most remembered Tabernacle of Solomon.

Interesting James paraphrases the above scriptures in Acts 15:16-17 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. This was in the context of the gentiles coming into the knowledge of salvation.

Although David did not built the temple, he had the heart for the temple. His passion, his worship and his attitude towards the ark of the Lord far surpasses that of Salomon's or even Moses.

Ps 84:10 sums it all - Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

What then is God going to restore:
  • The passionate prayer
  • The awesome worship
  • The hunger for the Word -  Thy Word have I hid in my heart.....
  • The fragrance of unity 
  • The fearless giant slayers

And what was the purpose of restoring the temple: The nations will bear His name; the gentiles will call upon His name

PEC - God is restoring your mandate : Restore the nations to the Tabernacle of David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory