He saved the best for the last

I lost count of how how many trips I had made in this year. I had just completed my last overseas assignment for this year and now in transit in KL. My flight home is just around midnight. Penning my thoughts as I wait for my departure to Singapore.

I must say that this is one of the best trips I have done. Bishop Ezra, Senior Pastor of Elim Kiros Church in Berastagi, Medan, invited me for their Christmas program. He said this is the first time he is inviting a visiting speaker for His Christmas celebration. I was humbled.

Last night they had a wonderful Christmas program. About 700 people attended the celebration. The main hall was filled to overflowing and people gathered outside and in the dining area. People from differnt parts of Medan and Beragtagi, attended the celebration. There was even a representative from the Berastagi government. The program was well coordinated and executed. 


12 year old Naomi opened the celebrations with a beautiful rendition of "Your name is Holy".

For the first time, I felt the floor literally shaking when the people worshipped. The awesome presence of the Lord was very tangible. The young and the old, all worshipped in union in the presence of the Lord. Most of the crowd were young people.

I had the privilege to share the word and my text was taken from John 1:14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Even as we were sharing the Word, both me and Bishop Ezra who was translating for me, found it overwhelming to continue. He was there.

When the alter call was given, many came forward. It was like "heaven came down". People were weeping and falling prostrate in God's presence. Many gave their lives to Christ. We used to see this in the 70's and 80's. But its happening again. The Christmas program had to be suspended for the Spirit of the Lord to do His work. God had saved the best for the last for me.

I am thankful to the Lord for His grace and mercy. I left the place with the thoughts of King David in 2 Sam 7:18  “Who am I, Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? ❤️

God can use anyone who is totally committed and sincere to His purpose in life. In spite of the many accusations and questions, God still sits on the throne and He remembers His own. 

As I write this note, I am convinced more than ever, let people say what they may, let come what may, "but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”... as long as we have breath. 

And I got the roses this time. No problems with the customs. (In case you forgot -https://ramajeya03.blogspot.com/2023/11/flabbergasted-and-disappointed.html) šŸ˜€šŸ˜€ Unfortunately it was Mother's Day in Indoneisa (different from the rest of the world). Heavy price but worth it. šŸ˜Š

To God be the glory.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory