Worshipping God with a Myanmar congregation in Singapore

Yesterday afternoon I was blessed to worship the Lord with the Myanmar congregation that gather in CT Hub, Kallang. They are using the premises of City Mission Church.

I was invited to share there by a Haggai Alumni, Bro Moses, who is a senior UN official. This is the first time being in a Myanmar church in Singapore. About 200 people and gathered for the service. It started at 3pm and ended at 5:45 PM. 


I was simply blown away. More than 200 Myanmar people working in Spore gathered for the service. The worship was so vibrant and sincere. God's presence was so overwhelming. The people just expressed their worship without fear or shyness. I have never experienced such awesome worship, even in the many places in Myanmar where I have been so many times.

In spite of the coup back home, and the many challenges in Singapore, the faith in the Lord Jesus was so evident. How true the words of Jesus. "Blessed are the poor in spirit for their's is the kingdom of heaven"- Matthew 5:3


I went back home with mixed feelings. Happy that the people were blessed but challenged to seek more of God. Sometimes the affluence and the blessings in life tend to make us less dependant or "less poor" in seeking God. I am reminded of the following verse.  The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit - Psalms 34:18".

I need You more, more than yesterday
I need You more, more than words can say
I need You more than ever before
I need You, Lord
I need You, Lord

More than the air I breathe
More than the song I sing
More than the next heartbeat
More than anything
And Lord, as time goes by
I'll be by Your side
'Cause I never want to go back to my old life

Bethal Music

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory