Promise verse - April 23

Matthew 28:6 - He is not here; he has risen, just as he said

 

For PEC, this is the promise verse for the month of April. Pst Alvin shared this though on 31 Mar just before we entered into the new month dewing the prayer meeting. He said that these words speak about:

  • God keeps His Promise
  • God’s awesome Power
  • God’s Love

As I was mediating on this verse, I observed that the empty tomb’s impact on time – the Past, the Present and the Future

 

The Past – His Pardon

  • He is not here

Jesus was tortured, beaten, crucified and eventually laid in the tomb.  He was there for three days but not anymore. Now the angel says to the women - “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified…” But He is no longer here. 


Death could not hold Him, the grave could not silence Him. 


The empty tomb reminds me that Jesus died for my past sins and He remembers then no more. Many times we are condemned by our past, our sins and the old way of life. But when we come to Jesus in true repentance, and ask Him to forgive us, “The old has gone, the new is here!” – 2 Cor 5:17.  

  • Isaiah 43:25 - I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

  • Psalms 103:12 - as far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Because of His death and resurrection, we are reminded that our past does not define us anymore, no matter how bad it was. Yes, we were dead in our trespasses and sin but now: 

  • Ephesians 2:4-6 - But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus

  • Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 

This means, as Jesus says, you will not come into judgment. We will not have to be condemned, ever. Our sentence is over. Not guilty. Righteous before the living God. We have been united to Christ. His punishment became our punishment, and his resurrection became our resurrection. We are already sitting at the right hand of God, and we have passed from death to life. There is no condemnation.

 

The Present - His Presence

  • He has risen 

Because Jesus is alive, my sins are forgiven.

  • 1 Cor 15:17  - And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!

And because Jesus is alive, I will also liveHe conquered death.  And because He lives, we live.

  • 1 Cor 15:2022  - But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 

Because Jesus is alive, I am not alone. He is with me

  • Matthew 28:20 - And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Now the Holy Spirit dwells in me forever. To lead me and guide me and make me more like Him.

The Future - His Promises
  • just as he said
What ever the Lord said it concerning His death, came to pass. Today you and I can take refuge from God's Word. They will never fail. You can trust Him for everything in you life. What ever the Word promises it will come to pass. God will never fail.

So take heart this month, we serve a rinse God and His Pardon, His Presence and His Promises are ours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory