Promise verse for the month of Oct

 


Pst Alvin shared on this verse this morning as the promise for this uncertain month. All of a sudden we see a spike in the number of Covid19 cases and even in the number of deaths in Singapore. 

Fear seems to have gripped so many people because of the uncertainties and troubling times. We never thought it will come so close, even to our own people. 

But this morning  God's word encourages us, or rather it commands us to wait on the Lord. It's an imperative and not a suggestion. And just to reinforce the gravity of this order, the word wait is repeated twice. Wait.

One of the most difficult things for all us of is to wait. All of us want things to happen instantaneously. We want our prayers to be answered immediately. We want our food to be cooked instantly. In fact our world has been an "instant automated world".

Waiting is a difficult virtue. But God's ways are different. There is always a time for everything. God wants us to wait so that we will trust Him and not on ourselves or another thing.

And we are encouraged to not just wait but to be brave and courageous and wait patiently. A difficult feat but possible.

We can only do this if we know the God whom we serve in a very personal way. David knew his God. He had experienced Him personally and seen His marvellous works. 

And why should we wait patiently? Because:

  • verse 1The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear. The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

And in this psalm, David goes on to describe God as His protector and the one who will be with him, even though His loved ones can live him and forsake him. God is my shelter and He will set me on a rock.

There is always a blessing when we wait on God. They that wait on the Lord will renew their strength. 

Davis is so confident of this God that he says in verse 13:

  • I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
In another place, David recored, I waited patiently and the Lord heard me and delivered me.. (Psalms 40)

Because of this assurance you and I can trust God and wait patiently on Him because He is in control of every situation. No matter what the situation or the circumstances may be, He will always cause us to triumph in Christ Jesus. He will see us through every wilderness experience and He will lift our heads high above our enemies. I will see His goodness.

What an assurance, what a promise. Be patient, Be courageous, be strong, Wait. Have a wonderful month. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory