Getting comfortable? Better not

This month  I am clearing my leave which has been delayed due to Covid 19. We were not allowed to take leave last year. All my overseas trips had to be cancelled (sigh). So before I officially go into retirement, I was asked to clear my leave this month. I still have the option of extending my career for another five years, God willing.

So how have I been keeping myself occupied? 

Now I am getting my long awaited rest, at least 6-7 hrs of sleep. My day starts about 4-5 AM with a good time of prayer. And I having many prayer time slots as well in the day

My morning prayer is  usually followed by regular keep-fit runs. My long runs allow me to hear good tradition christian songs and also pray (especially for my enemies...😇 and mediate on the Word. Nowadays I am clocking longer distances ( hoping to run my fist 1/2 marathon soon). 

I am also trying to sharpen my cooking skills,,,but no one seems interested. 😔

And yes, sermon preparations. Almost every every-week I have a preaching assignment. And now with Covid restrictions on travel, our training centres are going on line. So that take a bulk of my time in the week.

But what has really been fascinating is the opportunity to share the gospel and do home visits. 

My mom and I have been visiting my relatives, house to house. I have not seen many of them for a long time. It gave me an opportunity to re-establish contacts and also give them a copy of my book. Most importantly it gave us an opportunity to share the gospel. My mom is a great evangelist. She is as bold as a lion.

I realised that there are so many opportunities but the problem is that we have become so comfortable with our routines, that evangelism has taken a back seat. I realised that if we are serious about evangelism and take the effort, much can be accomplished. So I am thanking God for this opportunity where I can reach out to people and share the gospel when the opportunity presents itself. 

I am also getting speaking invitations from other churches. In the last two months I have been to 3 new churches, in fact 4 (one was on zoom) and in one the churches, I was introduced to a family who needed special prayers and counsel. So for the last two weeks, my wife and I have been visiting this home and God is doing something wonderful in that family. This week, Pst Alvin and his wife joined us for the visit. Making inroads indeed.

And in the midst of it all, I am also raising funds for the missions, liaising constantly with our overseas coordinators and seeing how we can expand out work. And oh yes, another opportunity is opening up in Nepal for church planters training. It's super exciting.

God is faithful. I am just overwhelmed that there is so much to be done for the Kingdom but unfortunately our focus has been side-tracked to "Christian non-essentials". These are not evil, just not essential. 

My daily prayer is, "Lord lead me to another family or person, that I can share your love". And I am looking out for such opportunities. 

"God help me, that I will not get comfortable with life". Let the Great Commission become my Mission.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory