He watches over you - “My strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.”

My strength does not come from the mountains but the maker of the mountains.  (Psalm 121:2)

 

God is:


  •    Psalm 46:1 - God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  
  • Psalm 18:2 - The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
  • 2 Samuel 22:32-34 “For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.”
  •  Psalms 54:4 “Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.”
  • Exodus 15:11 “Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?”

The famous English deist, Anthony Collins of the 17th century, met a plain countryman one day while out walking. He asked him where he was going. “To church, sir.” “What are you going to do there?” “Worship God.” “Is your God a great or a little God?” “He is both, sir.” “How can He be both?” “He is so great, sir, that the heaven of heavens cannot contain Him; and so little that He can dwell in my heart.” The unbeliever Collins later declared that this simple answer from the countryman had more effect upon his mind than all the volumes which learned doctors had written against him. T (from Illustrations of Bible Truths # 918)


Who do you turn to or talk to when you are down or defeated? What is the cause of troubles in your life? How does the Lord help His people or children when they are troubled? 

 

The exact phrase “made heaven and earth,” mplies that nothing is too hard, small, trivial, complicated or inconvenient to Him. Why do we ask the Lord for help? Because we can obtain answers, alternatives or assurances from Him.

 

“The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all the earth”  Psalms 97:5.

 

Even the mountains cannot stand before our God. They too melt before Him. But the Lord who is eternal, all-powerful, and who loves us.

 

When in difficult situation, the Lord may just enable us to perseverance or He may effortlessly wipe that hill out of the way. Sometimes he may even open your eyes to see that the hill is actually full of horses and chariots of fire sent on your behalf. 

 

The source of our help is what matters: My help comes from the Lord.

 

And this all powerful God, this awesome God, this magnificent God is the source of my strength and He watches over me. Hallelujah. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory