Reflection 2019

As I come to the close of the year, I aways take stock of what I have been doing with my life, family and ministry.  It’s always good to take stock.

As I see the postings over the last few days on facebook and other social media, its soo good to see how my friends have been blessed wuth family and good life. I see many celebrate on holidays and taking pride in going to many new destinations, trying exortic ventures and food and just celebrating life.

Nothing wrong at all. But one thing remians and I think that is the ultimate question for every believer.

How did my life impact the Kingdom of God? what have I done to end gospel poverty?

I am reminded of the phrase in Mat 16:26What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world,….

All the celebrations are good. All the festivities are excellent and all the holidays are delightful. But for a christian, these persuits are DO NOT define who we are. Instead the following much quoted but less obeyed verse determines our purposefulness. 

Mat 6:33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Well these are hard questions and any christian worth his salt, will take these seriously. But its never too late to refocus. A great chinese proverbs says: 

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”

Lets start today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory