God is always faithful

I was much troubled Wednesday morning. Was up at 3:00AM. Could not sleep, not sure if it was jet-lag or things in church that has been troubling. It was cold, temperatures must be below 5degC. But I did not feel the cold. Was in tears and agony as I prayed for some families in church who have been hurt and going through difficult times. I was perspiring. My church leaders were doing they best to handle the situation but still I was not able to take things off my mind.

It comes with the responsibility, I guess. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, especially when your members are hurting and relationships are threatened. Yes..."leave it to God" ....Hmmm... easier said than done!!!

Felt that God was distancing himself from me. No one around me seems to understand what I was going through. My leaders were telling me, "Don't worry, enjoy your holidays". I just couldn't. Even the last few days here in New York, my mind was still "back home". This is a bad feeling or am I "just crazy"

Then at 4:30AM, still in prayer, a young sister sends a text in Whatsapp, "Everything ok at your end". She felt that I was not ok and so she asked. There was a deep sigh of relief. Hmm,,,,He still cares.  Just to know, He has not forgotten. That was sufficient. Thank God for this sister who was sensitive to the Holy Spirit. It was  an assurance that all will be well. That was yesterday.

Today I heard how God has answered our prayers. Things are getting better. Relationships restored and a family back on track. He turns our sorrows into joy. Sill awaiting answers for some request but I know it will come. 

God just reminded me, that He is in control.

I am reminded of the verse in Ps 20:7 -Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. To God be the glory.

The  challengers outing today. Oh what a joy. You really don't know what joy this picture brings to my heart. Thank you Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory