I love my church

It had been an emotional  roller-coster week. Families in crisis, individuals with problems, misunderstandings and everything else negative that constitute a community  .

While these things move us to pray and seek the Lord's face, the trauma of going through all these distractions can take a toll. My counselling skills, or more correctly,  the lack of it, did not seem to work either. 

Yet in all these situations, the Holy Spirit  came through. Mending broken hearts, bringing families together and people coming together to pray. Its such joy to see the joy on our people's faces. A sigh of relief. 

This Sunday morning and evening messages were so apt and right to the point. I am sure some must have thought I told the speakers what to say. But He knows the hearts and He spoke. The people responded.

As I prayed for some this evening,  I just could not hold me tears a s couple came forward together. I wept. Only he could do it. 

When the service was over, I smiled as people asked for forgiveness from each other. "By this shall all men know you are my disciples..." I don't like this work but I love my church. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory