He is here

This morning Jeya and I drove to church about 5:30AM. Some folks said that they wanted to come to church early in the morning to prayer. I was very tired but I thought I would encourage them by showing up. Unfortunately no one turned up. It was just me and my wife.

But God showed up. His tangible presence was very real. I lifted all my church members, everyone by name into His presence with their specific needs. I know He heard us this morning.

My experience prompted me to pen the following lines. I hope it blesses someone.

It was dark, the dawn breaking
I was tired, my body aching
But still I came
Thinking some weary soul needs ME
But strangely, the room was empty
It was just I
I turned to the Lord, and asked why
I grumbled in frustration, why shouldn't I,
I could have slept a little longer, deemed a little more
But then a small little voice.
I am here, It is I
Can I have this time, just you and I

In all our business, lets not forget our quite time with the Lord. Just as much as we long for His presence, God longs for us to be with Him.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory