God is in control

It was an exciting day today. I was scheduled to depart at 7PM tonight. My host had planned that we will have a good lunch and then later in the afternoon I will have sometime for shopping before I head for the airport. All was well planned.

I woke up lazily this morning. Went for a morning walk in the streets of Makarti. But it was cut short because of the heavy drizzle. After a light breakfast, I was resting and updating the status on my blog. Around 11AM, something, I believe it was the Holy Spirit, told me to go and check-in my flight on line. To my horror I discovered that my flight has been brought forward and the departure was at 3PM.  Immediately I called Pst Ding and Carlo. Both were also shocked and when they verified, it was true. The flight has been brought forward due to operational reasons. Thank God we still had time but it meant that we had to head to the airport straight away because of the unpredictable traffic situation in Manila. Believe me - the traffic in Manila is real bad. Sometimes 6 km can take you two hours to clear. 

So there goes my lunch (tuna belly which Lorna promised) and shopping. Pst Ding was literally racing his way to the airport. Praise God we managed to reach the airport by 1PM. 
The guys who raced to take me to the airport.
What a relieve it was for my friends, Nanding, Lorna and Carlo but ...we did not get to enjoy the Tuna belly. It means I must return to Manila again, this time with Jeya.

If the Holy Spirit did not nudge me to check-in on line, which earlier I didn't intend to, I would have missed the flight and that who have created chaos for me. Praise God, he is watching over me.

It just reminded me, that many times the Holy Spirit does speak to us in many ways but we are simply not sensitive to his whispers, nudging and "the still small voice". 

Well, at the end of the day, the flight was delayed about two hours due to weather. But it was better then missing the flight. 

As I was penning this experience on the flight at 32,000ft, I was just reminiscing the last few days in Manila. Few things inspired me:

  • Pst Ding, Lorna and Janna. Real loving people with a heart for the Lord. I learnt what humility meant from their lives and to serve God with a clear conscience.
  • Carlo, Josh and Kyla and the rest of the team are simply joyful to be around with. No malice and sincere in serving God. Carlo, a man without any guile. People with a heart of gold.
  • Pst Faythe is an example of total dedication and commitment. Full of passion and great vision.
  • And the volunteers and youths in both the churches, simply floored me with the hunger and passion for God. They worshipped freely and without any inhibitions, something lacking in our place. 

I was glad that I was able to be a blessing but actually it was I who was blessed and learnt many lessons. I felt very small not worthy of the kind words that were uttered. Long way to grow in my walk with the Lord.

To God be the glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory