Trip to India 19-29 May

Bro Reuben and myself went on this trip to see how our CPs were doing, especially in Tamil Nadu and Bihar. We also went to attend the graduation of CPS in Hyderabad. Our journey crossed crossed from the south to the North of India. We were in Chennai, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Patna and Hyderabad. The hot summer weather was cruel, hitting above 40deg C in some places. We praise God for His protection and guidance all along our trip. 

We arrived Chennai on 19 May. It was my birthday. The immigration officer recognised it and asked me for a "chocolate" . I would have certainly loved to be at home with my family on this special day.  But the demands of calling made me postpone by comforts for the comforts of those who work hard in the field. Probably may will not understand.  I don't blame any. Family should come first, I fully agree.  But sacrifices are the birthmarks of any spiritual commitment. I rather please my Master and be a fool to the world than please the world and be found wanting on His scale. (2 Cor 11:16-33). 

Bro Ramana was at the airport in Chennai to pick us up and his family surprised  me with a wonderful lunch and a beautiful birthday cake. God still takes care of the simple things in life.

Bro Reuben went to meet the CPs in Tamil Nadu while I went on to Patna to visit the CPs there. 

Things did not turn out the way we expected in Patna. But God directed our paths. The steps of the good man are ordered by the Lord (Ps 37:23). I found this to be true on this trip. The people we waned to meet did not show up but we met others who share our DNA. This was purely the Lord's doing. He diverted our plans and set us on His course. Glory be to His name. Sometimes even when we make some wrong judgement calls, God redirects us. When we are within the spectrum of His will and purpose, any deviations or miscalculations of the immediate journey will eventually be readjusted, realigned by the Holy Spirit, to ultimately fulfil God's original destiny. "And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose" - Roms 8:28. I found this to be true in this trip. 

I got to see some of the CPs work though in Bihar. Some are doing really good. Praise God. Although the people we wanted to meet did not show up or were found not suitable, the Lord led us to some fine Christians who really had a burden for church planting.  We will be exploring further how we can partner with these local leaders to start a CP training centre in Patna. 


I found that the real hinderance to evangelism in Bihar is not the Hindus or Muslims, but unprincipled Christian leaders themselves. So much of corruption and thirst for money seems to be the norm, at least from the people I met. But thank God He led us to some good people who are really passionate for the Lord and who follow Biblical  principles. 

From Bihar, I travelled alone to Kolkata by night train and then an hour's drive to the airport through he streets of old Kolkata. What a drive.


I touched down Hyderabad on 27 May and joined Bro Rueben also came from Chennai. We had the graduation of the 28th Church Planters Course. It was a joy to see another batch trained for the kingdom. Arrived Singapore on 29 morning . All Glory to God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory