Twists and turns, In His time.....

It has been more than 4 months since the last "Tsunami" rattled PE Church. Surprisingly such phenomena are not new to this small church in a corner in the North of Singapore. It has seen worst storms than this. For me personally it was another twist in my life's journey. I am tired.

I was dismayed and dejected, once again. Yes my "loving enemies" mocked me and wished me the worst, pardon me for the use of this superlative. The sad thing was even my good friends who had weathered worst episodes with me, took their heels against me this time (Ps 41:9) by hearing to one side of the story only. Not good decision making practise, I would say. So much for core values and trust.

I am sure I have made some mistakes, who doesn't?. But my conscience is clear before the Lord and that matters. 

But the turn of events really worked out for the good of this little church. Suddenly an influx of prayer warriors coming to church to pray at the odd  hours of the week. Church attendance began to grow. The church board became even more strong and united. People just came forward to offer themselves for service, any service the church needs. Every Sunday morning service we are seeing new people and the new hospitality team is roaring in action, something we have not seen in our history.

I thank God for my friends who dared to encourage and stand by us against all negative propaganda and pronouncement of judgement. May God bless and hour them.

Yes we are moving forward and we are praying that God will enlarge our territory in the days to come.

Bur as for me, the following verses have kept me going:

Psalm 41:10-13 - But thou, O Lord, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them. By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.  And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory