Another New Beginning : PEC Love Nepal Project

Alvin, Alex, Vimala and Devona at the Singapore Airport

Today a team of four from PEC departed for Nepal. This is in support of the PEC Love Nepal Project.   Millions have been displaced as a result of the horrendous earthquake that hit Nepal a few days ago. Thousands have died and the number is still increasing. The Lord put within our hearts to do something to help the victims in whichever way we can. In two weeks we raised slightly more than Sing $10,000

Our contact in Katmandu is Pst Yam, an HI alumni, whom I have been acquainted with over the last few years. 

Over the next three days the team will be visiting three places affected by the earthquake. Gorka, Godavari Paudol and Chokati. They will be distributing basic essentials like tents, tin roofs, dry rations and other food items. They will also be surveying the needs for future planning. We hope to help about 250 families this time.

We pray that through these endeavours by PEC, we will be able to show the love of God to the people badly affected by the catastrophe. 

Please continue to keep the team in prayer. May God honour them for the sacrifice and commitment. Special thanks to all who have contributed and supported this mission.

It may be difficult for many to believe that a team like this will go out on this difficult project. But when people of God dare to rise up and do His bidding, nothing is impossible. PEC + God = History is waiting to be written. It was written again today. All glory to God.

Mathew 25:35-40  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory