How time flies - "My times are in you hand"

That's a common phrase, especially in busy Singapore. You can hardly find anyone in Singapore who is not busy. Is it the rat race or chasing your dreams? I'm not sure. But this year has been exceptionally fast for me. Would you belief that we have passed the halfway mark for the year. You better believe it.

As I began to take stock of what has been achieved for the year, regroup and get ready for the rest of 2013, I was reminded of the verse in Psalms 31:15 - My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies.

We live in very exciting days. The progress in the mission field is exhilarating and so are the challengers. But one thing has been sure. God has been faithful. No doubt about it. What He has started He will fulfill.
For a Christian, his times are in God's hands. What an assurance. No matter what the schemes of the enemy or man are, we are in God's timetable and not the other way round. When David was being pursued by Saul, David realized that his life and time was in God's hands. And that's why he was able to say in Psalms 138:8:
The LORD will work out his plans for my life (NLT). It is God who will fulfill His plan for me in my life. The problem is many times we try to fulfill it ourselves. Don't forget, Ecc 3:11 - He has made everything beautiful in its time. Let God do it. 

What is my role than? Be faithful and committed to what God has entrusted to you. The result will be evident. (100% for those who had heard my message on this subject). Then the the Lord will say, Luke 19:10 - "You are a good servant. You have been faithful with the little I entrusted to you, so you will be governor of ten cities as your reward."(NLT). Its when we try to do things our way, we end up in a lot of trouble.

David also prayed that God will deliver him from the hands of his enemies. I believe the enemy is anything that takes you away from fulfilling God's purpose for your life. It can be your career, your family or even your church. God could  not use Moses until he was willing to give up his career as the future Pharaoh of Egypt. God could not bless Abraham, until he was willing to leave his kindred and family behind.  Sanson's ability to fulfill God's purpose was devastated by a relationship with a woman, Paul and Barnabas had to be separated from the church before God could use them to take the gospel to the gentiles.

What is stopping you from fulfilling God's purpose in your life? That is your enemy. "Deliver me from the hands of my enemies."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory