US Trip - Mission Accomplished

I finally completed my mission with Haggai Institute’s Development Team on 16 Nov. I returned home this morning (19 Nov) at 0100 hrs after 29 hours of flight and transit, staging through Ohama, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Narita, Japan. It was a great trip. My host in Kansas and Nebraska were Mr and Mrs Larry Epp who were in the 70s. Is spite of their age, they moved with such mobility, that I had a hard time keeping up with them. Wonderful people who were sold out for God and for the tasks at Haggai Institute. They were more like parents than hosts. We were able to share many things about the ministry and family. They took real good care of me.

had another privilege to met with Godly people who loved God and who had a passion to fulfill the Great Commission. I had the privilege of speaking at a number of meetings. It was indeed a humbling experience to be used by God in such dignified environment. I truly thank God for the many opportunities and the doors that He has opened. Many were challenged and committed themselves to support HI. Throughout the trip, this question always kept ringing in my mind, “Why me”. In prayer before the Lord, I uttered the words that King David said in 1 Chronicles 17:16 - "Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?”

Over the many years of my Christian journey, there had been times of discouragements, especially when dealing with the affairs of PE Church. Sometime we need to make hard decisions and people talk ill behind your back but yet put up a false front. Some, even much younger in age hurl curses and even make disparaging remarks, claiming to make them under the “influence of the Holy Spirit”. Painful moments but this trip reminded me of the words of David in Psalms 41:4-5

My enemies say of me in malice, “When will he die and his name perish?” When one of them comes to see me, he speaks falsely, while his heart gathers slander; then he goes out and spreads it around.

Psalms 41:10-13

“ But may you have mercy on me, LORD; raise me up, that I may repay them. I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me. Because of my integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever. Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen”.

In my life I have held some principles dear to my heart:
  • Honour God and fear Him
  • Whatever you do for God, do it will all your heart
  • Respect man as they are made in the image of God
  • Don't speak against the leadership of the church and the church. You touch the apple of God's eye.
I believe if we follow these principles, God will as in Ps 23:5-6 -Prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Note: My "American parents" called me Paul Ramachandran

Comments

  1. No comments no words only tears as I read my Sirs words

    Pastor S.John Signey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory