In REMEMBRANCE of MR ROBERT PERIASAMY

Jan 1930 – 17 Dec 2009
Four years have done by. My Dad, he loved the Lord, served Him faithfully and finished his race victoriously. Proud to be his son. We miss him but not for long. 2 Cor 5:17

It was 6.15 in the morning. My son and I took our annual pilgrimage to visit the site where my father's bones were laid to rest. It was a cool morning. Still dark. The weather was kind this time. Last year it was incessant rains. Today it was not so bad as we walked gingerly on wet terrain, trying our best to avoid muddy pools with the help of a dim light from the cell phone. The sounds of nature in the background was beckoning. The waters ebbed gently on the shore as I stood and reflected what my father meant to me. How time flies. It has already been four years. But memories are still fresh in the mind and in the heart. I thanked God for my father's life, his influence and his love for God.  I thanked Him for those who remain that we will continue to persevere and run the race well. More importantly I thanked God for who He is and for what He has done for us. It was a great morning.

As the day began to wear away, I began to think of what it would be like in heaven. I was toying with the idea of who will be the first one I would like to meet after crossing the pearly gates.I guessed almost everyone would say it will be the Lord who died on the cross for us. Well for me, I have other plans. And you will be surprised that its not my father or my brother either. Sis Rasi....hmmm, not quite...."That's Heresy",you may pronounce.... Well that's my little secret.

My father did his best and so must I.      

And yes it wouldn't be long.  

Someday, when fades the golden sun,
Beneath the rosy tinted west,
My blessed Lord will say, "Well done!"
And I shall enter into rest. 

And I shall see him face to face,
And tell the story saved by grace;
And I shall see him face to face,
And tell the story saved by grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory