Passion shows in behaviour

Nehemiah 2: 1-2 : In the month of Nisan in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when wine was brought for him, I took the wine and gave it to the king. I had not been sad in his presence before; so the king asked me, "Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill? This can be nothing but sadness of heart."I was very much afraid,

It has already been four months since Nehemiah heard the news that the walls were broken down. In chapter one we read how the news had broken him down. It drove him to fasting and prayer and it was intense. Nevertheless when he was in the king's presence he did not show his emotions, not wanting his feelings to interfere with his job. He was not interested in the pity of man nor was he a attention seeker. But how long can he hide his emotions. It eventually showed up and it caught the king's attention. A man who carries the Lord's burden or passion will not be able to hide it for long. It will eventually show not just in his words, but in his demeanour and behaviour. People will notice your passion and burden. People may not read the Bible, but they certainly read our lives.

How often we are good at preaching and talking about the lost and the need for reaching the unreached, about holiness's ect., but when it comes to action, to pray, to intercede to go into the mission field, in sharing our faith, we are far from it.

Proverbs 10:19 - When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

The word Christian means little Christ. Can the world observe us and call us the same.

In Romans 9, we see the similar passion in Paul. 1-3 - I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit— I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race. he had an all-consuming passion for lost souls, especially for his kinsfolk, his Jewish brothers and sisters, whether it be in his immediate family, or in the vicinity of the neighbourhood where he grew up, or where he was at the present moment. He had a heart for his own people and we know how much he suffered to realize his passion. Just like the Master, who was moved with passion and died for his passion.

Do we have a passion for lost souls, or have we lost the passion? That convicts me.

'Oh! for a heart that is burdened!
Infused with a passion to pray;
Oh! for a stirring within me;
Oh! for this power every day.

Oh! for a heart like my Saviour,
Who, being in agony prayed.
Such caring for others, Lord, give me;
On my heart let burdens be laid'.

'My Father, I long for this passion,
To pour myself out for the lost -
To lay down my life to save others -
To pray, whatever the cost.

Lord, teach me, oh teach me this secret,
I'm hungry this lesson to learn,
This passionate passion for others,
For this, blessed Jesus, I yearn.

Father, this lesson I long for from Thee -
Oh, let Thy Spirit reveal this to me'.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"It is finished" - Jesus Christ

What a trip to Nepal

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory