Great time in Cairo -DWAM

I am sitting at the transit lounge at Abu Dhabi Airport and awaiting for my flight back to Singapore. Just reminiscing what had transpired in the last few days. This was my third trip to this blessed country.

I arrived Cairo at about 6AM on 22 Aug. The customs and immigrations was a breeze. Thank God for it. 


From the airport I was taken to the resort which was about 2 hrs away. It was pleasant in the morning but as the sun rose it became hot and dry. Temperature hover at about 39 degC on the high.

It was four wonderful days in Cairo with professionals from the medical fraternity. More than 200 people from the middle-east gathered for this conference. Each sessions were preceded with a time of worship and one would have thought that we were in heaven. Unison worship from almost all the participants, lifted us into the presence of the Lord. I am now certain that Arabic will be the official language in heaven. 🤣🤣

I had the privilege to address the conference on two occasions. The theme of the conference was "Be Alert".  I am specially thankful to God and Dr Ehab for this invitation. Dr Ehab is such wonderful man of God with great humility and vision. Both he and his wife are doing an excellent ministry in their country.

As I talked with the participants and listen to the other speakers, I realised that there are many in the professional field wth a huge burden for the Great Commission. They are well educated but extremely humble and faithful tot the Lord. They are making so many sacrifices for the master, so that they can be the "salt & light: to this dying world. "Your career is not an end in itself but a means to fulfilling God's purpose in your life". This message resonated with almost everyone I spoke with.  I was simply floored by their commitment and a sense of focus. We had so many things in common to discuss and I hank the Lord for this opportunity.

It was a joy to meet familiar faces. Dr Andrew (on my right) and his family are a joy to be with. 

I also met my good friends who were the ushers (with the vests). Most of them,  have completed high school and are heading for the university. I was so encouraged to see their commitment and passion for God, something lacking back at home. 


I also had the privilege to meet new friends serving in other parts of the middle-east.  Both Dr Ehab and Dr Alex from Sudan, are Haggai alumni. Hagai alumni are all over the world. Praise God

This time, I was able to spend some time with Dr Ehab's kids. We  had some good conversations. Nevein is doing her 4th year in medicine and Andrew is on his way to become a dentist. Great kids with such a passioante heart God. Very respectful and seeking God's purpose for their lives. 

Although I was tired but I am refreshed and encouraged by such wonderful people of God. How true the verse, "Iron sharpens iron"

Now looking forward to going back home. Thank you Jesus.

Have another trip this coming weekend.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Devotion - Psalms 44: 6-7 - Its God who gives the victory

What a trip to Nepal

Fare-thee-well my friend, Rev James Ng - A tribute